Easy Seafood Noodles
- 1 lb. Whole Shell Mussels in Arrabiata Sauce
- Olive oil
- 100 g / 3 ounces zucchini, thinly sliced
- 4 shiitake mushrooms (200g/6 ounces), cleaned, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 240g / 8.6 ounces cabbage, thinly shredded
- 70g / 2.4 ounces onion, thinly sliced
- 140g / 5 ounces littleneck clams or more, cleaned
- 140g / 5 ounces large prawns or more, head & shells removed, and tail left on, cleaned
- 140g / 5 ounces squid rings or baby octopus or more
- 900g / 2 lb fresh Korean chinese style noodles (or thin udon noodles or ramen noodles)
- 40g / 1.4 ounces baby spinach or baby bok choy
How to cook
- Preheat a wok (or large deep pot) on low heat until heated. Add the oil and then the zucchini, mushrooms, cabbage, and onion. Cook them until lightly wilted (for 1 to 2 mins). Add Whole Shell Mussels in sauce with all liquids, the littleneck clams, prawns and squid (or baby octopus) and stir a bit.
- Boil the soup covered until mussels open and all ingredients are cooked through (about 8 mins) while avoiding overcooking.
- Remove the cover, add the baby spinach just before serving. (If using baby bok choy, you may need to cook a little longer).
- While the soup is boiling (in step 2), cook the noodles in boiling water following the pack instructions. Drain and rinse the noodles briefly in cold water. (Step 2 and 3 should be completed around the same time.)
- Divide the noodles, seafood, and the soup between six soup bowls. Serve immediately.