Mussel and Chickpeas Spicy Soup
White Wine Sauce
- 2 lb of Whole Shell Mussels in White Wine Sauce, defrosted
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 oz vegetable oil
- 2 cups of cooked chickpeas
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 – 2 pinches of hot paprika
- 2 cups of water
- 4 tablespoons cream (min 30% fat), (optional)
How to cook
Defrost mussels according to package directions. Reserve.
In a large saucepan, brown the parsley, garlic, rosemary, and shallot, in olive oil.
Boil the water in a pot, and cook the chickpeas, with salt., for 10 minutes. Add more water if necessary.
Combine the mixture obtained in points 1 and 2, add cream and hot paprika. Finally add the mussels with all juices and combine.
Can be decorated by sprinkling finely chopped parsley and roasted chickpeas.